Friday, June 18, 2010

Chill

 You know what annoys me?
When people think they're awesome and talk down to you.
When people thrive on drama.
When people get mad for no reason.
When people expect you to read their mind
When I'm the only one who notices that the person they think is funny is really just mean
When people say "I love that person" referring to a heinous bitch. 
When people criticize me for liking something
When Ms.Collins in the library smiles while she's getting you in trouble/talks without opening her mouth
When the teacher erases the board but leaves a little line
When you think you can trust someone but it turns our you can't 
When people walk really slowly in front of you 
When people use you to social climb or ditch you to social climb
When people use the excuse "I was drunk"
When guys ask if its that time of the month
When guys talk about that time of the month
When people say your stupid or retarded because you aren't in honors or you don't have as good of grades. 
When people complain to me all the time and never ask how I am
When people make fun of you for saying something dumb and take it to far
When people generalize you with a group of people even though you aren't like them
When people are really dumb drivers


However, I don't let it get to me. I try to be as chill as possible, even if I feel like I could burst into flames. I cannot handle drama. It literally is bad for my health. I actually become sleep deprived, feel sick to my stomach, and I can't focus on anything else. Its horrible. I like to let things go and try not to worry. But it sometimes is hard. I've always been a pleaser. I always want everyone around me to be happy and everyone to like me. It sounds really selfish, but I need to focus on me being happy more. It used to be a lot worse, but it feels odd and stressful doing something that someone won't like for a change. Anyway, I'm not telling people to be like me and be a somewhat doormat all the time, but I'm suggesting that some things in life that may be annoying you have to let go. Pick your battles. Let go of some things and eventually the madness will go away when you forget about it. Focus on the positive things instead, take your mind off of it. Sieze the day! 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LanCLS_hIo4


Also, I highly suggest you watch the movie Animal House. John Belushi in this movie is the funniest person ever! He re-defines the meaning of don't worry, and don't be mad. 






"Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure."  -Oprah Winfrey 

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”





“Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us.”  -John N. Mitchell 

“Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it.”    -Bill Cosby 

No comments:

Post a Comment