Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Individuality

I know that most of my posts are advice and quotes, but I think its important to keep track of the lessons and values I learn as I grow up and mature. The theme of this post is individuality (another inspiration from Deebs). "Be yourself..." um yeah how many times have we heard that? I'm guessing a lot. What does it mean to 'be yourself'? How can you explain that? Being yourself, to me, means to show the world who you believe you are as a person. It means to avoid being changed by others. I know, from self-experience, that once you 'be yourself' and let your true light shine, it will bring you great happiness. Also, from this experience I have learned that it is so much more rewarding to be loved for the person inside you, which gives you much more confidence. Finally, 'be yourself' means to be different. I mean, come on,  you can't think that passive people who 'blend in' and stay that way, are not being themselves. When you find out who you truly are, you become a leader. Maybe you won't figure out who you are or want to be, but you could find out who you don't want to be. That is how I figured out that I wasn't happy with who I was, even though I wasn't sure who I wanted to be. So, don't live life without showing your true self. Everyone is different (wow that was cheesing) in their own way, even if they don't show it. So express yourself! Put yourself out there! Step out of your comfort zone to show people the real you. How many chances at this thing called life are we gonna get? Be yourself; sieze the day!

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." -Ralph Waldo Emerson


"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." -E.E. Cummings


"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

" Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary." -Cecil Beaton 
-This song isn't really about being yourself, but I love this song/movie and its called "stand out," so just go with it lol. 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pXf9Y4uKNQ&feature=related
-I love Glee!






1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post! its all so so so true! and i looove the glee song!

    ReplyDelete